- Is school of Hygiene-Mbale a health training institution? Yes, School of is a health training institution under the department of Health Education and Training (HET) of the directorate of Technical, Vocational, Education and Training (TVET) of Ministry of Education and Sports-Uganda.
- Is School of Hygiene-Mbale-a government health training institution? Yes, it is a leading government health training institution in Uganda training Environmental Health Officer (EHOs) and other Public health specialists.
- What is Environmental Health Sciences? It is a branch of public health concerned with monitoring or mitigating those factors in the environment that affect human health and disease. (Additional source for more details : https://www.neha.org/about-neha/definitions-environmental-health )
- Who is an Environmental Health officer ? Environmental Health Officers (also known as Public Health Inspectors, Public Health Assistants or Environmental Health Practitioners) are responsible for carrying out measures for protecting public health, including administering and enforcing legislation related to environmental health and providing support to minimize health and safety hazards. The are key government of Uganda focal persons for implementation of primary health care programmes in Uganda. (Read source for more details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_health_officer)
- When is recruitment done: Applications for Private intake are received throughout the year, check the website: https://www.mbaleschoolofhygiene.ac.ug/download/application-procedures/