- One of the oldest tertiary institutions in Uganda (Construction was commissioned in 1958).
- First students admitted in 1960.
- First training institution to offer training of Environmental Health Officers (EHOs) in Uganda.
Current Enrollment: 2019/2020
Total Number of Graduates:
- Modified handwashing facility.
- Student Guild Government structured like the Government of Uganda.
- All regions of Uganda are represented in the student enrollment.
- There are 13 students Cultural Associations, Clubs and Societies.